My Mortgage Free by 50 Goals for 2018
My mortgage free by 50 Goals for 2018 really fall into two categories: Making Money and Saving Money. So that any surplus funds we create can be directed towards the mortgage repayments. Last year we had an overall goal of making overpayments to our mortgage account equal to roughly 6 months mortgage payments. This year we had a mega trip to California and did quite a bit on the house, so we didn’t quite hit that goal, but we did manage to make about 4 months overpayments. The goal this year remains the same, 6 months. That just gives us a benchmark to aim for.
With that in mind, here are my money making and money saving goals for 2018. Hopefully they will takes us a few steps closer to the dream of being mortgage free by the time I’m 50!
Making Money Goals
- To make some income from the blog… Anything!
- To have a go at matched betting to see if, it is something that can work for me long term. I had a go a couple of years ago when the Euros were on and it was quite profitable, but time consuming. We hadn’t bought our house, so I didn’t have a financial goal, now I do, I might be more motivated. Fellow blogger, Savvy Dad has some great advice for novices to matched betting! Check out his blog post here for a quick guide on how to get started. Savvy Dad has used profit accumulator which is the matched betting service I used when I first had a bash at matched betting. I found it a really user friendly tool, not overly complicated and ultimately effective.
- Create products to sell via my blog
- Resell unwanted household items via E-bay
Saving Money Goals
- Meal plan to reduce food shopping costs by 25%
- Use cashback sites for all necessary purchases
- Reduce household outgoings by 25% by shopping around for all services
- Set a savings budget as part of our monthly outgoings
- Use Plum an automatic savings app to save subconciously.