My DIY Queen Goals for 2018
Whenever I think about this one; My DIY Queen Goals for 2018. It really does make me have a little chuckle! Me a DIY Queen?!! That said, I am from the school of thought that you should be able to pretty much do everything for yourself. Or at least be prepared to learn, or give it a bloody good go. There are some things I’m scared of; electricity and gas, but I think that’s quite sensible really, sometimes you need a professional, but pretty much anything else I’m quite happy to have a stab at..
This year myself and Mr Challenge have ripped out an old fireplace, exposed the brick work, repointed it with lime mortar, laid a fireplace and grouted it in preparation for having a woodburner fitted (we needed a professional for that one!)
The living room has also been painted.. Properly mind, sanded down and everything! That’s no mean feat, let me tell you!! It’s huge!
We’ve also laid a large patio, built a brick BBQ and attempted landscaping the garden. I quite like laying bricks…
Oh and just before Christmas the shower died so we fitted a new one.. I say we… Mr Challenge did most of it, I’m scared of killing myself with the electric. But I did fill in a small gap and make it watertight…
Here are some pictures!!!
This year our attention is turning to upstairs! I’d like to get at least 5 jobs completed upstairs?
- The biggest job is the Jack and Jill bathroom. It needs replacing. This is where the one the shower died in. The shower cubicle leaks, the tiling is well dodgy and there’s a hole in the floor where the previous owners put in a sink… It’s the main bathroom so it really does need sorting out.
- Pimp the main bathroom. The suite in here is fine, but it needs painting, accessories, some floorboards replacing and new lino.
- Hall, stairs and landing. This was an absolute hideous chocolate brown when we moved in. I painted it all white just to get rid of it.. It needs painting properly, woodwork, a bit of colour and some carpet. I loved the wooden floors but they are noisy and cold. I’m going to carpet the landings and leave the stairs.. I quite fancy painting them…
- Main Bedroom – This is mostly a decorating job, the ceilings need skimming to get rid of the hideous artex and some woodwork needs filling/replacing. Then it’s just decorating and again laying carpets. Bedrooms should be cosy.
- Main Bedroom Ensuite – This isn’t too bad it just needs a bit of TLC. Replacing broken bits, painting, new shelves that kind of thing…
So that’s it… My DIY Queen Goals for 2018 – What are your Home Improvement Goals for 2018?